My learning outcomes from this project:
- To be able to model assets effectively and efficiently within the limitations of the game engine.
- To understand basic texturing techniques.
- To be able to create simplistic rigs in order to animate the asset.
- To be able to refine animation to achieve realistic and believable movement.
- To gain understanding of game engine basic functionality such as importing assets correctly and even applying basic coding.
Now anyone who has experience in 3D will appreciate that this is a lot of work, especially as I have only basic knowledge of 2 areas and no knowledge of 2. The other factor within my project is that the clock is constantly ticking and like the professional industry I too have a strict deadline to stick with. This means that my working method has to adapt and be able to handle the vast amount of practical work in the time I have. In order to do this I must develop weekly plans and then break these plans down into daily tasks. Mondays will be the review days where I reflect upon the previous week and focus on the tasks for the following week.
This is one way that will help me manage my time effectively.