Monday 11 July 2011

L4 Drawing for animation

Using an online figure drawing tool I did some form drawing training. This tool is highly recommended to anyone who is looking to improve their life drawing skills from the comfort of their own home. It has settings that can be adjusted for example only giving you 30 seconds to draw an image before moving on to the next one or you can opt to do 30 minute training sessions.

http://www.pixelovely.com/gesture/figuredrawing.php

30 Second Form Drawings:






These were quick 30 second form sketches that I did as a warm up for some longer 3 - 5 minute drawings I did later. This way of quick sketching is a good way of quickly creating form using line. Things such as pressure on the pencil and looseness of the wrist can vary the quality of the line work.

Here are some figure drawings which took between 2 - 5 minutes per drawing:









With these 2 - 5 minute drawings I had enough time to get the form right and begin to add in slight details aswell. The next drawings I did  I tried to add more tonal value and tried to stay away from the line work.

These drawings were between 6 - 10 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment