Monday 20 February 2012

Working with what I have

I think rather then focusing on re-designing the level as the composition of the previous attempt sits rather well, I think I should focus on bringing these current designs up to scratch and working with it.


That being said I think it is important to let this project evolve as thats what makes a great game right. Our ability to capture our audiences lie in rooting our environments in reality. I dont know if thats a famous quote, it sure sounds like one and if its not it can be once im gone but that is my understanding of creating an environment the player can immerse themselves into.

The environment needs a purpose but in this particular task it needs 2 layers (if you would call it that) of purpose. The 1st is that before the disaster that caused the apocolypse it needed to serve as a functional freight train yard. The 2nd purpose is that a slave society have settled into the area as it provides protection from the harsh solar rays. There also wouldve been easily available materials and resources that the people could use to survive so from a survival point of view also it serves an excellent location


No comments:

Post a Comment